Since #TenThingsNotToSayToAWriter is trending on Twitter, I decided to compile my own list. I kid you not, these are based on real life private messages I have received on social media, my husband’s own comments, and a few myths that are just too wrong to not include:
10. You write erotica? I bet you’re a fan of anal.
9. Good writers don’t have to promote their work.
8. When will you be done with that scene? Your characters are more demanding than you are.
7. Out here in the real world we work for our living.
6. Why are you yelling at me for interrupting you? You’re not even typing. You’re just sitting there doing nothing.
5. Here’s a little inspiration for your writing *insert body part picture here*.
4. It’s so cute how frustrated you get when your characters refuse to do what you want.
3. You’ve been editing for days. Aren’t you finished?
2. Anyone can write erotica.
1. There’s no more coffee.
What would your list look like for your job?